-------------
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 10:45:45 -0800
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

Northwest Parts finally found my trans, and has all the parts, but can't ID
the rear seal. I'm looking for an manufacturers part number, if anyone has
that data, or knows DEFINITELY whether this is the same hardtop vs.
convertible, let me know...

There is only ONE BW 10 OD unit for all cars. There are very small
differences at the output end to accomodate different models. Some
differences are obvious: adapter and seals. However these need examination:
6.330 CLIP and RING. Not sure of their function; application varies, 01,
10, 80. CLIP is used only on 80, so it's CV joint vs. single U-joint torque
tube weirdness and is safely ignorable when sticking this mess onto another
trans.

The 01 adapter is a dinky little tube that holds the final oil seal. Rather
than having it's own page in the catalog, it fits on the illustration.
(IL6-8)

On the transmission output shaft for OD: no information. There's a unique
part number for everything, but that doesn't reveal much. There's a
different output shaft for 63-64 classic right hand drive vs. left!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"