Re: [Amc-list] LPG conversion - con't

> " It's LPG or Natural Gas or break your bank for gasoline on the
> " near horizon.
>
> one possible problem here - large scale conversion to lpg could drive
> the price up.  another point - is road tax collected on it?  that
> amounts to a hefty slice of that $3/gal we pay for gas.

LP is petroleum, it's only an 'alternative' to gasoline because it flies
below the radar. It's still dinosaur fuel.

Only dealers that collect federal road taxes are legally allowed to pump LP
into your motor vehicle. LP vehicles are so spectacularly rare that hardly
anyone knows about it. Occasionally I get a 'smart' seller that refuses to
sell to me. Almost always, I have the only LP powered passenger car that
they have *ever seen*. There are occasional LP pickups in rural areas.

I forget what road tax is (amount). It's a worthwhile tax. Roads gotta come
from somewhere.