Re: [Amc-list] Lite Weight Alum. Conformable LPG Fuel Tanks

-- Brien Tourville <hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> CT228-6-641 -- 19 gallons usable = US$371.78
>
> CT305-7-641 -- 29 gallons usable = US$461.52

Wow -- those are good prices! I paid $600 for a 34 gal. (28 usable) tank
from Manchester Tank. Big fat cylindrical truck type "drop tank".

Believe me, you want the biggest huge-ass tank you can possibly fit in the
car. If your car gets 16mpg gasoline, perfectly well-tuned it will get
about 13.6mpg on propane. Since there isn't exactly a propane filling
station on every corner you want the hugest range you can possibly get.

The "usable" business is the gas space required for liquid expansion with
temperature. 20%.