From: Garry Nordstrom
To: Ted Lowe, President, Fox Valley Electric Auto Assoc.
Cc: Donny Ness
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 10:44 PM
Subject: Re: Contact email (www.fveaa.org)

Ted:
I have decided to keep my electric cars. As stated, my AMC is a 79 protype, only 491 miles on it, the commuta car has no miles, both are wonderful models for development. I have been in contact with a college in Fort Dodge IA. that is starting an EV program and wanted the cars
As a former educator, the writing is on the wall, we need to educate.  The metro area hosts about 5 colleges, some offering different degree's of education.
I have decided to start a think tank, use these cars as models and maybe the area will take interest in the EV options.  I tried to promote alternative heating up here and fell flat,,we have wood, so burn it.  I am a strong advocate on alternatives for our environment.

I might ask of how your group got started in Chicagoland, and insights to establishing goals to ensure that the public becomes knowledgeable.  Realizing we can build or purchase vehicles that are EV at a cost that is conducive.

As stated, we have a wonderful think tank here, but our present leadership  is lacking in retention of small business development.  Our recent elections have show some shift in the old ways.
 I am hopeful that I may travel to Fox Valley, attend your meetings and bring back fruitful seeds for this endeavor.  It is a long trip, if not possible, maybe a conference call.

Garry