[Amc-list] 195.6OHV 2 bbl carb was Re: windshield squirter location on a

[Amc-list] 195.6OHV 2 bbl carb was Re: windshield squirter location on an American

-- Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't recall removing the 2V carb, maybe I used a universal? Don't
> remember now, it's been to long and I'm not going to look it up!

The two barrel carb definitely was an add-on in this motor (product) life.
You gotta take the valve cover off to get to the two side nuts. Even with a
super short 1/2" wrench you can't get 1/6th turn of the wrench to do the
flip/flop of the wrench. Even without the valve cover you can't use a
socket and extention. Swivel socket wouldn't do it.

A crows foot might work, but I don't have one. I suppose I should see if
that would do it.

Speaking of the two barrel, Desktop Dyno confirms what my spreadsheet
calcs, that even 250CFM is larger than needed! The two barrel is better
than the one bbl because at low speeds velocity is higher through each
smaller venturi. At 3000 rpm the entire MOTOR is only pumping 127 CFM at
wide-open throttle!