[Amc-list] more brake questions

My 82-83 calipers are front mounted.
I tried to rear mount when I first put them on and the
69 hose would not allow it to work.
I believe they would ift on the rear now that I have
the braided lines and banjos.
I have not felt the urge to move them though!
I would prefer them there just because there would be
a micro change in weight displacement by putting them
behind the front axle. I doubt it would realy do
anything, but mentaly it is an improvement!

rear mounted give more of a "performance" apearance.
so it is said that front callipers are mounted to the
rear, and rear calipers are mounted front, it helps
somehow with the rotational effects of the cintrifugal
weight of the tires or some jiberish along them lines.
but if you look, alot of "sports" cars have them
mounted toward the middle of the cars. like late model
mustangs that i used the brakes from. mounted to the
rear on the front suspension.

i dunno if any of that mumbo jumbo really affects
anything. sounds pretty technical and all. maybe only
noticeable on an all out race car??? i personally
think they look better mounted toward middle of the
car. rears mounted forward, fronts mounted rearward.
dunno why, i just do....  OK OK OK, its late, and im
rambling again... off to bed.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules