Re: [Amc-list] damn taggers

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

> Also got all the CRAP ground off the roof, some weird heavy textured
> paint-like substance over factory white,

Sounds like the Texture additive Ditzler made to mix with Paints to do Blazer roofs in the 70's!
Tough stuff, had some neat uses. We used to do rough repairs on drivers back here in the rustbelt.
Tigerhair the holes, skim coat with duraglass, prime and texture the lower body panels, then spray the rest of the car.
Undercoat and seal the insides of the repairs as best we could. Between the fiberglass and toughness of that texture additive you could get quite a few years out of it before it rotted thru again.
yeah, it was tough stuff to grind off again!
--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV