[Amc-list] damn taggers

I got the paint to do the American's interior. I stripped the rotten pad
off the dash, filled the holes with flathead steel screws, epoxy, ground
and sanded. Dash came out nice; ghosted green with silver and a faint
yellow mist, and a couple of coats of clear. Will go great with the planned
textured stainless steel door panels and metallic vinyl (subtle huh).
Custom dash gauge, controls and knobs.

<http://www.33third.com/graf_supplies.html>

Also got all the CRAP ground off the roof, some weird heavy textured
paint-like substance over factory white, with an 80 grit flappy disk on my
angle grinder. Took three solid hours of grinding, after a half day of
chemical removal. Big PITA completed! Tomorrow I gotta buy some rust
dissolver (thought I had some) and coat it. I'm gonna experiment with a
super fine roller and Eastood silver Rust Encapsulator.

Had to wirebrush and sand, and paint, the inside roof. Nasty job! The
fiberglas headliner is in poor condition, but mostly holds its shape. I'll
patch it, stiffen it, and cover it with some nice material and reinstall.

I'm not doing a restoration, obviously. It's a customize job, externally
Moebius (the French illustrator) (demented off-world aerospace), 60's
rallye, with Japanese anime interior. I'm cranking on it -- fast but
quality. It will be done by spring and I'm driving the damn thing in the
mean time! No more agonizing!

The motor is running totally sweet. Didn't do the compression check last
weekend, will this. With the 2bbl, the steep axle and Twin Stick, bigger
drum brakes and good tires, it's just fine, if a bit complicated, in 2007
Los Angeles freeway traffic. I've put 1200 - 1500 miles on it so far with
no further problems.