[Amc-list] old gas disposal

Just read Tom's wps.com site on cleaning his gas tank.  I once had several gallons of ten year old gas in two liter coke bottles for months.  We called it "the Bomb".  As in "at some point we're going to have to figure out what to do with the Bomb."  Eventually, we talked a local household hazardous waste round up event into taking it all.  They probably weren't supposed to.
The next time I rescued a car I did some research and found you should slowly mix the old gas a bit at a time into each new tank of good gas you get and burn it up that way.  I ran it through coffee filters into gas cans and still couldn't bring myself to put it in my car.  Then one day I had to fill up before returning a rental. . .