[Amc-list] Overdrive offerings...

Was AMC unique in offering "Twin Stick" overdrive? I know there were many
variations of drive systems other than straight up manual or auto
transmissions (Studebaker Hill-Holder, E-stick, etc), and overdrive has
been around nearly forever, but how many of them are as interesting?

I used to think it was just a marketing gimmick, eg. a lever instead of a
pull cable, but when I got this car and looked at the TSM it's obvious some
thought went into it.

The Twin-Stick hack is pretty nice. It involves a lot of convoluted logic,
and it looks like it could be very confusing when it goes wrong! (Stalling
upon accelleration, stall at over 28mph, ...!)