Re: [Amc-list] cold air intake for early Americans

Re: [Amc-list] cold air intake for early Americans

 > Tom, maybe you should have left the vacuum/thermo door on the snorkel
> and either installed a thermo switch or rigged a manual vac control,
> maybe even a choke cable control. I doubt you'll be driving it in any
> winter weather though, cool maybe, but not much in the low 40s or 30s.

That's a good point, actually. It's on the wrong side of the engine though,
away from the source of heat (exhaust). Carb temperature is completely
uncontrolled in this car! The intake plenum is of course the head casting,
that helps the mixture, but the carb is out there freezing like your
fingers without gloves.

It's an interesting problem, I'll have to occasionally pop the hood in
"cold" weather and see what temp the carb is (I have one of those infrared
thermometer jobs, very handy).

But not here in Los Angeles! :-) But if I drive to Santa Fe in the
winter... Flagstaff is cooold! I broke a heater control cable at 9F one
morning...!