[Amc-list] Twin-Stick rocks

Fixed most of the OD electrics. The main problem was the pushbutton switch
on the shift lever; the wire had pulled off the bottom of the contact
assembly.

Until now I've been driving as a manual overdrive, better than nothing.
Though I don't have the ignition-short part of kickdown working, it's a
huge improvement.

Basically for takeoff from stopped to highway speeds it drives like a
5-speed; 1-2, lift foot 2-OD, hold OD button 2-3, lift foot 3-OD. The gear
spread is perfect.

"Overtake" (3-OD to 3, or 2-OD to 2) you simply press the button. For now,
I have to lift off the throttle for a split second because there's a stuck
contact in the solenoid. I'll fix that this weekend.

When I got the car the wire from the vacuum switch to coil was off. The
vacuum switch was permanently open-circuit, but the diaphragm didn't leak.
I ground the crimp thin and weak, popped the top, and cleaned the corroded
contacts, re-crimped and JB-Welded. Works now.

But solenoid contacts are stuck closed (or pinched wire, etc) so the car
won't start; vacuum switch is closed with no vacuum.