Re: [Amc-list] Rear end axle problem (Eddie Stakes)

Re: [Amc-list] Rear end axle problem (Eddie Stakes)

The axles have to contact a thrust surface in the differentail case.
The thust block floats over ar through the differential gear pinnion
shaft depending on the differentail case.  You will need the shafts to
mach the housing..

Also, if the differential case in the car is a power lock the axle
shafts are supposed to contact a button installed in the differential
pinion shafts.  These buttons may have fallen out.  They are installed
with a coaxial roll pin, if the roll pin breaks the button may stick to
the axle shaft when the axle shaft is removed.  Often you can look down
the tube and see the part out of position.

Peter Marano
Kenosha WI