[Amc-list] - "ADVERTISEMENT" - comments -

[Amc-list] - "ADVERTISEMENT" - comments -

Commenting on a compilation of Vendors and Parts available via amc-list
Membership mailings:

Suitability for our Circumstance:

Ed Stakes' www.planethoustonamx.com has served the community as a free
Research Point for new and veteran AMC owners seeking parts and
specialty items.

'Our List' could add this quality for AMC ownership with Active
Involvement by Vendors and individuals in a similar fashion utilizing
the amc-list, however:

Total overall AMC Vendor and  'People With Parts' involvement rather
than a singular
or of a 'select' few 'others' is preferable.

'In the News' :

Steve Blazer is crafting Bumper End Caps for the AMC Eagle SX / 4 and
Kammback - not going to retire creating these yet his and others efforts
deserve coverage.  Should he be 'charged' for a heads up on what he's
working on ? I think not, so perhaps an 'In the News' section would
generate further involvements.

That said, I don't want to see endless "Specials" on rubber Glove Box
Insulators or Exclusives on flat washers

I keep reading of the AMC gatherings where parts are plentiful
and pricing inspiring, but I'll be damned if I can find these people via
the Internet.

"What I would do is screen vendor requests and compose ONE digest type
text only e-mail with all and links if they want to show pictures."

<> If you're planning on charging for the service, keep it 'Penny Saver'
cheap so they remain involved.

For many, if there aren't immediate sales, they'll pull out - leaving us
with a version of
EXXON MOBIL and SUNOCO advertising - at which point it will hit the
grinder via eMail Filters
asap and / or I'll "Opt Out" of the 'Mailings Offering'.

I'll stress that I'd like to see individuals allowed to List their
salvage yard scrounging for Free,
and should anyone post to the amc-list of some parts they have
available, they won't be getting
PM'd off_list for their 'sins'.

<>

"I could put "ADVERTISEMENT" as the first word in the subject so you can
delete without looking if you want. "

<> Crass could be Totally Annoying as it hits a 'nerve' regardless.
Something like:  'AMC Parts  &  Suppliers Quarterly' ...   would be
unobtrusive, and I presume there will
be an "Opt Out" of this 'Mailing' .

"I have not offered this service to any vendors as of yet, I won't
without your input."

<>....'Let's do Lunch'....:)

''Specials' for List Members..."

<> Ham & Swiss on a Kaiser ;)