Re: [Amc-list] OT: Patriot or Liberty?

>The deal is we buy it, I drive it till spring, Then if my shoulder will allow I will take the Cherokee Sport for mine and she gets the Patriot or Liberty. If I can't manage the day to day in the 5 speed Cherokee at that point I will sell it and find me an older automatic. I want to be able to keep the Cherokee as-is. I did feel much better today when i got to work without driving the stick, so I know in the search of sanity I will sell it in the spring if I must. Unless I decide to do a swap to AW4! It's a good Cherokee, only 74K on a 97, It may be better to do a trans swap...

Speaking of 5-speed Chero's, does anyone have production figures on the 4 cylinder Cherokees?

We've been looking around for a four cylinder car with a manual trans to replace our 170,000 mile Ford Escort; and I was thinking why not just buy de facto AMC and find a 4 cyl Jeep instead?  I figure the mileage would be in the 20 mpg range for city driving, which to me is reasonable.

And of course if you own a 4 cyl / manual trans Cherokee you're interested in selling, please reply offlist.  2wd preferred.

-- Marc