Re: [Amc-list] Eagle stuff

A: I never got around to doing it, but I was going to compare an XJ/MJ 2wd mount to the Eagle one I had. I misplaced the mount in my collection of parts I will be digging through over the next couple months. If you only get the vibe in drive, then the converter may be on it's way out (cracked neck on mine)

From: "Jamie Smith" <oconner51@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] Eagle stuff
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ok, I got a door handle. I went by Pull and Save and they had one Eagle in the lot. I got both driver side handles off of it. One passenger side one was missing and the other was broken. I also got the piece to fix my horn. I paid a whole sum of  $8 plus tax for both handles and she didn't charge me for the horn piece.

Anyway, someone mentioned that my door may be sagging. That is correct, it is sagging. I went looking for pins and bushings today and everyone seems to have a stock of about 10 different pins but no one can reference which ones will fit my car. So, can someone here help with that? Do you know the part number for the ones that will fit an 86 eagle?

And on another note, I have been having vibration issues. When I accelerate it gets real bad and I have to let off the accelerator and ease back into it to keep the vibration down. It also gets bad when going up hill. I thought it was something with the front end but pulled the wheels off and checked and everything is in good shape (other than I think the cv joint may be bad). I just recently started thinking it may be a tranny mount and then yesterday I had to turn around (which included backing up an incline) and while backing up I heard a loud thud and felt something hit the tunnel right between the front seats. So, I am pretty sure it is a tranny mount. Now the problem is, I have checked around and no one shows a tranny mount for an Eagle with auto transmission. In fact, they only show it for an SX/4 with manual transmission. Can anyone help with this? Where can I get a mount for this? Is there something else that will work?

Thanks for any help.

Jamie Smith
Spokane, WA