---------------
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 23:38:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

tues around noon centeral i head out on my almost 400
mile treck back home. i was able to get a radiator
hose to replace the old one. i was also able to just
replace the speedo cable core. i need to look for a
new case also. i can do that later. for now, it is all
working again. i only checked my fuel milage when i
started out for the first 100 miles or so. i was
getting 24 mpg at 65-70 mph with 196/t96 and NO o/d.
wish i did have the o/d. i have seen NO old cars here
in this area i am in. lots of looks. i love it. hope
to make it home just as uneventful as i made it here.

getting about 14-16 mpg in town, and 24 or so out on
the highway at 65 mph. how does that compare to other
peoples fuel milage with this engine/trans combo. it
is in a 62 classic by the way.

take care. wish me luck on my trip home and thru
texas/ft worth traffic.....(enter select profanity here)

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"