Re: [Amc-list] Driving instead of wrenching

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
> I've been DRIVING the little American all weekend, not just WRENCHING it.
> What a fun car! I guess I like small cars, cuz this thing is small. Parks
> anywhere.

Yeah, go ahead rub it in....

Mine is ready to drive and the clutch doesn't slip, just those round rubber things on the back keep loosing their grip and spinning? They make a funny squealing noise too? Whats up with that?

I'd avoid doing the clutch too. That's got a "big nut" rear in it doesn't it? ewe....bummer.

I guess back then they thought anything that could be fixed with a pipe wrench was cool!

That's a light car, the 196 should haul it around quite respectably with the stick and power pack option.

I'm back to waiting, I did too much last week, $500 in overtime don't cover the last four days of misery.
I told my boss, sorry, no more, I CAN'T do it right now...
They are actually great here.
I've been told today that if it becoems apparent that I can't return to my previous activity level on a permanent basis they will rewrite my postion to something I can do.
Now, thats something I had not expected. I knew it was possible, but...
I'm hoping it does not come to that and I can get back to work.
I miss it.
Go figure...

--
Mark Price