Re: [Amc-list] Eagle door handle

You may also want to consider taking the latch assembly apart, cleaning
out all of the old grease, and re-lubing it. Old grease tends to turn
into glue. Worst case of that I've seen so far was on my younger
brother's 1991 Camry. It got so sticky, you couldn't open the doors
(well, three of them anyway). We spent many hours working on that car
getting all of the doors to open.

Matt

Jim Blair wrote:
> Seems to be common in cold weather. (Happened to the previous owner of my
> '82 Spirit so I have used at least 2 of my spares and don't know where the
> others are right now) I don't have a place to work on it, but I designed a
> stainless steel replacement paddle that should be easily salable to the Jeep
> crowd as well (It's the same handle as the tailgate on YJs and I would make
> it reversible to work on either side. I was shocked to find no-one carried
> them in any hardware book!)

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com