Re: [Amc-list] Subject: Pressing Hubs

I tried to press the front drum off of a 65 Rambler
American hub last night (no Kroil added at this point)
and the drum began to warp.  That's why I asked.  I'm
selling the hubs on a Ebay auction and the buyers
won't get the drums if they don't want to pay shipping
charges.

I was avoiding use of the "big hammer" at first
because I do have a Harbor Fright shop press and I
ususally get in trouble when I get out the big hammer.

I was also a little surprised at how much demand there
is for the hubs and spindles with bearings.  Good
trailer parts I guess.

Regards,
Joe Fulton

Yeah I neglected to say that. When drums are not 30,