Re: [Amc-list] bummer -- ruined radiator post mortem

Re: [Amc-list] bummer -- ruined radiator post mortem

My 85 Eagle had something a little less spectacular happen like that. A loud
klang and the alt light came on seconds later. Under the hood the alternator
belt had broken and parts of it were laying around the compartment. Drove the
rest of the way into town on the battery and put in a new belt. Days later I
noticed that the alt belt must have passed through the pulleys for the power
steering 'cause between the water pump and the crank that belt had a 1/3 turn in
it. Wouldn't have been too bad if it was over a longer span but a turn like that
in just a few incehs couldn't have done the belt much good. Changed it too.

Ken Ames

39Master85w.partscar,67Marlin,68AMX,70Machine,73Matador2drht,73Hornet4dsd,
73-74-75-76GremlinXs,75PacerX,76Hornet2dsd,77Matadorcpe,2-77AMXs,78AMX,
78Gremlin,78GremlinGT,79Concordhb,79PacerDL8,2-79AMXs,2-80AMXs,
2-80SpiritDL,80Eagle4dsdn,2-81SX4s,81SpiritGT,81Concord4dsd,82Eaglesw,
2-85Eaglesw,80J20,85J10,88Eaglesw,2-89Sentra4dsd   (40)

AMCA = http://clubs.hemmings.com/amcalberta/