[Amc-list] 62 classic strut rod bushings

[Amc-list] 62 classic strut rod bushings

well, i finally got my problem solved i THINK. i
ordered strut rod bushings for an 80 concord. moog
parts, so rubber should be ok. they just pull apart.
so pilled the rubber off the metal spacer. trimed the
beveled end off of the bushing. cut the little metal
spacer ring down the same width as the bushing. the
metal sleeve is a little bigger around than the strut
rod. i welded that sleve to the stock washers to hold
them im place. bolted it all together and so far
everything seems to work normal again. the back half
of the bushing was not there. the front half was only
about half left. i was in a hurry when i did this so i
did not get any pics. if anyone is interested in pics,
i can get some when i do the right side. as of right
now, the right side bushing is still just "ok" will be
a week or so till i will get around to replacing that
one.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules