Re: [Amc-list] bummer -- ruined radiator post mortem

Re: [Amc-list] bummer -- ruined radiator post mortem

-- JOE FULTON <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

> Everything looked good so I had all the new
> tires rebalanced today and the tire shop found that
> one of my wheels was bent.  That's after I spent $50
> per wheel to have them all powdercoated.

Aargh, annoying!

> I'll look in
> my parts pile for an extra wheel. Surely I have one,
> an "unbent" one I hope.

I have four 14"'s here you can have if you want. They all drive just fine.
Not rusted. I spun them on a front hub and checked for runout. One or two
had slight runout, but the others were near perfect. ALas, I didn't record
which is which.

I am so happy with my Wheel Vintiques that I'll probably never mess with a
factory steel wheel again. On the Hornet I wanted to run AMC dogdishes,
which is why I had these trued and powdercoated. The ones on the little
American I bought plain, primered, and painted with Eastwood areosol
Chassis Black, since I am putting on Moon discs. If I wasn't, I'd have
bought them powder coated. Cheap!