Re: [Amc-list] Hot Air, was California Smog Bill

Re: [Amc-list] Hot Air, was California Smog Bill

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" -- Sandwich Maker <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"
" > i haven't used google much, because of their habit of sucking up every
" > keystroke you enter and building a profile of you they keep forever[*],
" > but i used mapquest extensively in planning my last two long trips.
"
" Googleearth, not google maps. It's a gigantic application you download and
" install. Runs OK with dual-core CPU and 2GB of RAM and a good display

i can't run it then.  no peecee here, just a couple of old
workstations and a creaky imac.  the fastest is 300MHz with 1G ram.
the little ones have only 256M.

" If you've not seen it, it will shock you. A full navigable map
" of the entire earth, from space down to 200 feet. Some of the satellite
" photos are 4 years old, but some a new; reconnaisance satellites constantly
" re-photo continuously.
"
" If you think keystroke capturing bad, wait til you see your own backyard
" from space. I can count the square footage of your illegal bedroom addition
" from here :-)

that's my neighbor's 'illegal bedroom' - this is a duplex condo...

this creeping loss of privacy is depressing.

" (Seriously, cities will do that soon enough... tax collected retroactively.)
"
" This sword has two razor sharp edges.

yeah - let's check up on the city admin too!