Re: [Amc-list] Hot Air, was California Smog Bill

-- Sandwich Maker <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> i haven't used google much, because of their habit of sucking up every
> keystroke you enter and building a profile of you they keep forever[*],
> but i used mapquest extensively in planning my last two long trips.

Googleearth, not google maps. It's a gigantic application you download and
install. Runs OK with dual-core CPU and 2GB of RAM and a good display
controller. If you've not seen it, it will shock you. A full navigable map
of the entire earth, from space down to 200 feet. Some of the satellite
photos are 4 years old, but some a new; reconnaisance satellites constantly
re-photo continuously.

If you think keystroke capturing bad, wait til you see your own backyard
from space. I can count the square footage of your illegal bedroom addition
from here :-)

(Seriously, cities will do that soon enough... tax collected retroactively.)

This sword has two razor sharp edges.