Re: [Amc-list] Looking for Information...

Re: [Amc-list] Looking for Information...

A '70 Jav with a Factory 390 is pretty good
even when compared against a worked small / big block GM.

You didn't say what the car would see for usage -
street driver - weekend warrior - track only.
-->B. Cruising and playing a few times a month.

A pair of alum. Edelbrock would give you another
point on compression - you could Turbo the engine
with a great controller system, allowing you to
run the car on 9 to 1 compression around town,
take the car on vacations etc. - and still be
able to spin the controller for 'engagement' power.
-->Tell me more...

Superchargers vs Turbo - the gap on 'right now'
power has narrowed - the right Turbo will spin up
'right now' and won't be pushing vibration into your
crank bearings via the belt, nor be stuffing heated
intake charge onto the pistons.
-->But turbo's can't match the sexy whine of a supercharger nor the instant RPM. --Rap--

A Turbo 390 would put more power to most any street tires than
you can get to hook up and still street the car. After 500HP - it's a track car - mileage will slaughter your pocket moths.
-->I'm looking for another 100 more... a 10sec car is streetable... 9's - you better carry more than spare spark plugs... A tank of gas per outting is fine a couple times a month. Octane booster - I can still remember the smell - and the taste...

The AMC V8 EFi can be had by having Bulltear.com
modify an Edelbrock intake manifold to accept injectors.
Use a GM ECm controller - plenty of stand alone harnesses
to be had.

Visit the www.bulltear.com Forum - you can read firsthand
AMC performance engine builds - pretty interesting stuff.
-->Thank you Sir...

Beyond tackling a total reconstruction - get the car running
and plated for the street.  Drive it for a season as is & then
decide how much more your lookng to get out of it.
-->Naw... was going to drop a stroker into my Camaro but that falls under control of the Air Police (emissions). The Javelin is exempt by age. My crotch rocket runs 10sec 1/4's. The Javelin needs to be fun too. Otherwise it's just an old car that the legislative nazi's will want to "recycle".

Too many 'Hyper Builds' end up sitting since they're too much
to be street driven for enjoyment - and wind up being sold.
-->To much power is almost enough... Trim for style, power for smile...