Re: [Amc-list] javelin v8 conversion

I doubt very much that the 454 would fit without major metal cutting. You would also have to fabricate motor mounts and tranny mounts.  The bigger question is why would you want to put a big old heavy Chebby 454 in the Javelin when you can readily get between 450 and 550 HP out of a well built up 401 that weight much less and will bolt right in.

In addition, if you want even more horsepower you can also now buy a stroker crank shaft for the 401 which adds 40 CI of additional displacement to bring it up to a 441!   Heck seeing those 454 Chevy guy's faces when the Javelin blows their doors off is nearly worth the additionaly cost of the stroker crank alone!

Regards,
Dan Curtis
forum moderator for
www.amazingmusclecars.com