Re: [Amc-list] Cheap(?) Towing

Matt Haas said:
>Don,

>I agree that AAA is a great thing to have but make sure you have current
>plates on the car in your name or they may refuse to tow it.
<snip>

It doesn't have to be in your name. They will tow any vehicle you are in, whether you are a driver or a passenger. I have had my brother in laws van and my sister in laws sisters car towed and my dad has had my brother in laws van towed (and he had my brothers employers truck pulled out of a ditch).

I will tell you, AAA has been a lifesaver. For my dad and I it costs about $115 per year (for Plus) and allows each of us 4 service calls per year. My dad uses all 4 each year and I usually use 2 a year. Everytime we have a vehicle towed we ask the driver what it would have cost without AAA and it seems to average $45 to $55 per call. So just 3 calls makes it worth while.

A couple years ago I drove my truck to George, WA. from Spokane, WA and broke down coming back. It was over the 100 miles and cost me $94 out of pocket. However, if I hadn't had AAA the driver told me it would have been right around $300. I think it was worth it, since I also used 2 other calls that year and my dad used all 4 of his.

Jamie Smith
Spokane, WA
oconner51@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:oconner51@xxxxxxxxxxx>
1966 Rambler American 220 Station Wagon