Re: [Amc-list] Cheap(?) Towing

Don,

I agree that AAA is a great thing to have but make sure you have current
plates on the car in your name or they may refuse to tow it.

In case you didn't know, the Ed Anderson Meet is Saturday the 29th (9:00
AM until 4:00 PM) in Carillon Park (across the river from UD Arena, down
the street from NCR on Patterson). You can get a flyer for the show at
http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/ohioamc/event-calendar/ed2007.pdf.

Matt

DonMcCPA@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Gang,
>
> I'm starting to restore a `60 Classic Cross Country Super and have  been
> searching for the best way to get it flatbedded to a mechanic 45  miles away.
>
> After talking to the local towing services ( $$$ OUCH !! ), I called  AAA.
> Their Plus membership ($94) provides 4 "free" tows in 12 months  with a
> 100-mile limit on each occurrence.  That's less than the initial  45-mile tow would
> have cost otherwise.  I explained to  them that this was not a typical roadside
> breakdown... that the car is  garaged at my residence, not roadworthy, and is
> going to be  restored.  They assured me that it didn't matter.  The fact that
> it  doesn't run makes it eligible for the service.  After the 4th haul,
> subsequent ones receive a AAA discount.
>
> The Plus membership has other attractive benefits also.  If  there's
> something better, please let me and your fellow AMCers know.
>
> Cheers,
> Don McCready
> Dayton, Ohio

mhaas@xxxxxxx