[Amc-list] Cheap(?) Towing

Hi Gang,

I'm starting to restore a `60 Classic Cross Country Super and have  been
searching for the best way to get it flatbedded to a mechanic 45  miles away.

After talking to the local towing services ( $$$ OUCH !! ), I called  AAA.
Their Plus membership ($94) provides 4 "free" tows in 12 months  with a
100-mile limit on each occurrence.  That's less than the initial  45-mile tow would
have cost otherwise.  I explained to  them that this was not a typical roadside
breakdown... that the car is  garaged at my residence, not roadworthy, and is
going to be  restored.  They assured me that it didn't matter.  The fact that
it  doesn't run makes it eligible for the service.  After the 4th haul,
subsequent ones receive a AAA discount.

The Plus membership has other attractive benefits also.  If  there's
something better, please let me and your fellow AMCers know.

Cheers,
Don McCready
Dayton, Ohio