[Amc-list] Noisy after rebuild

So I guess I was right after all. You had incorrect "dry lash".
"Pre-load" is kind of the reverse of dry lash. The problem with the
"pre-load" method is that it does NOT tell you what your "dry lash" is and
THAT is what's important for noise control.
 MOST hyd lifters will have about .100-.125 or so total adjustment travel.
IDEALLY you would want to be in about the middle of that travel.
See if you can come up with an adjustable pushrod and use it to find out
what your TOTAL lifter travel is. Figure a length that puts you about in
the middle of your travel and you should be OK. Call these guys
http://www.pushrods.net/ and tell them what you need. They have been
making pushrods for YEARS and can make whatever you need. I have used them
several times. Friendly to deal with and quality products.
REMEMBER,, the more DRY LASH you have the more likely you are to have
noisy lifters when you start. I always try to get my dry lash as close to
the minimum as possible with going under it.
But HEY,,, that's just ME!
Bruce Hevner