Re: [Amc-list] Hydrogen power

Mark I really don't want to be your nemesis here but reality is
reality........
I'll respond to your comments by spacing them apart further and putting my
answer there.
 I've seen and heard a lot of this before..........and you're right it is
bull crap..........

> Another thing,
> No matter how efficient some of this crap is, drum roll here.......
>
> It's still CRAP!
>
> How good is a low flush toilet you have to flush three times, plunge then
flush again for solid waste?

How about don't buy the cheap toilets from Menards for $39.95. Buy a good
one and you get a toilet that does flush with 1-1/2 gallons and works
great..... there's a whole bunch of them on the market, one is made by
Kohler....  Artesian vitreous china products are junk, stay away from
them......
and besides if you take a crap regularly instead of a logger head every
other day they go down easier..... not to mention come out easier.  ROFL
LMAO

> The front load washer that you have to take 1/3 of the clothes and stain
stick the spots then rewash them?

Are you blaming the washer for a problem that has to do with less effective
detergents because phosphur is no longer permitted in detergents (phosphur
removes stains) because it is not environmentally safe.  I don't care how
good a wash machine you have or how old and unfriendly to the environment
the machine is, water alone in that machine will not remove all stains, back
in the day they used lye soap............

> The high buck  bottom freezer fridge you have to stand with the door open
to get the cold water out of the tap cause it's INSIDE!

Once again you're blaming a product you choose to buy even though you knew
it was a bad product. Why would you buy a bottom freezer fridge with water
inside???    Wait a minute, doesn't water freeze inside a freezer??

> The high SEER heatpump that is installed with R3.5 flex duct in the attic
so you get a blast of super heated air everytime it kicks on.

Ahh yes, this is why I live in Minnesota, we actually build houses with
basements so we can install all the HVAC equipement down there so it works
right... Once again you're blaming a product for the problem created by poor
installation...... and besides if your HVAC guy is using flex duct he's an
amateur that doesn't know how to fit metal duct. Hope he used larger
diameter flex for these ducts, flex has to be sized larger to flow
correctly, more friction loss.....
Here's a solution for you.... install the duct inside the house hidden in a
soffit, that way it won't be in the attic where it's really hot, or use a
variable speed/drive circulating/ blower/fan on low rpm to keep the air
moving all the time.... that's what we do here in MN. Our temps change from
30 below zero with a 100 below zero wind chill in winter to 100 plus degrees
in summer and high humdity, we know how to do HVAC here, we have to......I'm
on the even pay monthly natural gas bill. It's $79.00 per month $948 per
year..... includes heating of domestic water......my house (1-1/2 story) was
built in 1956......five year old 92% furnace..... insulated glass
windows......and my house is expensive to heat/cool compared to a new much
larger house..............go figure.......
Oh yeah the high SEER heatpump is not the guilty party here
either........... they are actually much more efficient than the old stuff,
when installed correctly.

This is all stuff I've been saddled with over the last 7 years while trying
to be "green"....

"Green" was like the Native Americans......(Indians)  way before other folk
came here.   White, yellow, black, red, all people and the current USA will
never be "green" .  If you flick a light switch on at anytime in your life
you are not "green", even if you are a member of the Sierra Club and own and
drive a Prius you are not "green".   Sierra Clubbers take pictures of nice
trees with a camera that is full of bad things like rechargeable batteries,
and micro electronics that when they are junk they pollute.  The human race
as it currently exists cannot be and will never ever be "green". Who wants
to give up their flush toilet......... nice warm or cool house..........
heck even if you ride only a bicycle your whole life you are not "green"
.........it took some kind of energy or pollution to make the bike.

 nuff said........ lets get off this non AMC subject and hopefully all other
lengthy non AMC subjects, and get back to solving the problems our fellow
listers have with their AMCs.

Sorry Mark, I don't mean to piss you off, but I have a job where people
remind me daily how bad the decisions are, that they are capable of making,
and then blame it on everything else............except their poor decision
making......

My older brother always said after he started working at 3M "you're either a
problem maker or a problem solver, which one do you want to be...........

Love ya guy take care,

Armand

P.S. one thing I completely side with you on is the pain thing, been there,
doing that crap right now. sick and frickin tired of it.....