Re: [Amc-list] Wheel Balancing!

Armstrong tire changer I have works pretty good has saved me a bunch of money.
Tires rusted on to wheels are the most difficult.

Bubble balancer is OK on most wheels. I have noticed that AMC 5-spoke magnums
don't balance very well on mine though. Seems the spokes touch the cone first
and they aren't totally centered in the wheel. I have better luck with them on
either my  standalone brake rotor-on-a-post or on the front wheel of the car
with the pads retracted. Just put the weights opposite the heavy spot until
there isn't one. :)

Ken Ames

39Master85w.partscar,67Marlin,68AMX,70Machine,73Matador2drht,73Hornet4dsd,
73-74-75-76GremlinXs,75PacerX,76Hornet2dsd,77Matadorcpe,2-77AMXs,78AMX,
78Gremlin,78GremlinGT,79Concordhb,79PacerDL8,2-79AMXs,2-80AMXs,
2-80SpiritDL,80Eagle4dsdn,2-81SX4s,81SpiritGT,81Concord4dsd,82Eaglesw,
2-85Eaglesw,80J20,85J10,88Eaglesw,2-89Sentra4dsd   (40)

AMCA = http://clubs.hemmings.com/amcalberta/