Re: [Amc-list] Hydrogen power

On Monday 10 September 2007 20:19:26 Clarence Milstead wrote:

> Hydrogen power is a boondoggle as are some of the other alternative fuels.
> The real answer is electricity and nuclear power, which are already proven,
> available, and ready for use if the politicians will get out of the way and
> let a lot of nuclear plants be built. They have pandered to the anti-nukes
> for too long and we are way behind since it takes a long time to build a
> nuclear plant.

I agree with your partly -- the problem with nuclear power is only partly the
crappy technology but mainly because it's run commerically at lowest possible
cost, and they always fine tune short-term costs downward, puttin of future
problems for... the future. It's not as simple as pandering to a special
interests, that's an over simplification. The commercial energy people have
long demonstrated an inability to do things right -- which requires thinking
of the future in a way that needs to disregard their own trival profit
concerns.

Clean up the crappy technology (of which I know a fair amount) and I'd be good
to go. But I agree we may end up with those bozos running the ship if we
really get backed into a corner.

Fusion is the same -- that it's cleaner is a total 100% lie. Neutron
bombardment does the embrittlement and causes secondary fission-like products
in all of the surrounding materials. It's alie and a crock. Neutrons can't be
contained, they simply eventually impact nuclei and break them up or make
unstable isotopes. Physics doesn't lie.