Re: [Amc-list] early american front suspension

On Monday 10 September 2007 17:54:42 JOE FULTON wrote:

> One suggestion
> would be to make the pictures brighter in the future.
> The parts are dark colored and it's difficult for my
> old eyes to see the details.

I'll watch that in the future, sorry!

> You have not mentioned the corrosion in the lower
> structural members.  I remember seeing a hole which
> Frank S. said was caused by poor drainage in that
> area.  I forgot exactly where the corrosion was, but
> it worried me as I think I told you when I delivered
> the car.

In the middle photo at the very bottom you can see the drivers side where i
removed a piece of the inner fender. On the passenger side, whicvh was
slightly worse, I cut back far enough to reach a hole stamped in the inner
rail. There was surface rust in there, but nothing serious. The only crumbly
rust, which visibly swelled up, was the lower inner fender. I guess water
runs down the inside inner fender and seeps into the crack between it and the
rail. I will later inspect that and seal that seam from inside.