Re: [Amc-list] 727 trany

" From: msproviero@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" I don't know about DJ's, but TF727's didn't appear in FSJ's until 1980.  6-cylinder FSJ's were availabale after 1980, but I don't know if they used a 727 or a 999.  Before 1980, they were TH400's (CJ-7's included).

many dj5s even after '72 were made with aluminum or iron warner autos.
i think by the late '70s tf equipped ones existed, and that none ever
had th400s.

there is - or was - a postal jeep web site that details all the dj
series and which used what engine and tranny.