Re: [Amc-list] Hydrogen Power (was Holley Carb Questions .... )

Andrew wrote:

> > research is only just beginning on fuel crops.  more is needed.  and
> > the issue of competition for food acreage could indeed be a serious
> > problem.

That's a good point. Of course transnational oil companies are required by law
and their stockholders (and greedy top management) to not only make profit
continuously, but growth in profit quarter by quarter. There's no room in
there for costly 20-year-plans to develop systems that would either put them
out of business or be useful only when they're dead from "natural causes".
Likely it would cause huge social upheavals too, eg. we wouldn't be driving
individual fossil fueled cars (ouch).

It's too bad, as we've demonstrated an ability to develop tremendously subtle
and powerful stuff, like silicon and software, but only when it also produces
a continuous stream of treats. If there was a 20 year gap between the
invention of the transistor to the integrated circuit, say, chances are no
one would have done it. Clearly it would still have been a huge boon.