[Amc-list] Exhausted

Maybe it was built ten years after Chrylser bought AMC, but I'm counting it as AMC content as it's close enough for me. The last of the breed, the last gasp of AMC power, unless you count the 4.7 v8 and no one has proven it was indeed an AMC design, yet.
   I installed performance parts today, real honest to whomever you think is watching over us, performance parts.
New Magnaflow Cat.
Dynomax cat back exhaust with a goofy stainless slash cut tip, but not too bad looking.
Sounds perfect for a six too! Nice bit of engine sound with no drone.
It seems to run a but better, but hey, it's probably all hype!
The real reason I put it all on was a rusty muffler and loose catalyst!
No more rattle, rattle!
I also replaced the shot rear shocks with a pair of sensatracs I had leftover from an evilbay purchase way back when I had the 96 about 5 years ago now! They made a BIG difference in ride and handling!
 M y old friend rust reared it's ugly head!
Two of the upper shock bolts snapped off, arg, I even sprayed them with PB blaster and wrestled with them to no avail. I wastn't about fire up the torches that close to the fuel tank! I ended up drilling and tapping the holes. It allw roked out in the end.
  I finished of the excersize by changing the oil and rotating the tires.
I think the Jeep has a tweaked rear axle :[ The outer edges of the rear tires are feathering and cupping! I've never seen this much wear on rear tires when I know they have never been on the front of a vehicle! Bummer, no I'm not fixing it or even going to worry about it for now.

  So I prooved to myself I can manage to do this stuff! I am unfortuneatly now starting to feel the coming pain :[
CRAP $#!T Bull$#!t AAAARRRRrrrrrrggggg!

Oh yeah, all this was on the 97 Cherokee Sport and I hate you guys out there in the norust zone!
--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV