Re: [Amc-list] IH as first "SUV"

--- Sandwich Maker <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> i think a good argument can be made for the willys
> wagon, since it was
> the first 4wd to aim anywhere close to the
> mainstream.

I agree and there was a maroon one (I think it was
maroon (can't write that word without thinking of Bugs
Bunny)) willys wagon feature in Hemmings Classic Car
last year that, for the first time ever, made me want
to own one.  Weren't they designed by Brooks Stevens?
or was that some other Willys?

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA