[Amc-list] Suggested maximum long-term cruise RPM for 195.6OHV?

[Amc-list] Suggested maximum long-term cruise RPM for 195.6OHV?

Any ideas? The new AMC six seems most happy (max. mileage etc) at 2500 rpm,
but it's oversquare, so I assume the old undersquare (long stroke) six would
be happiest somewhat less than that. 2200rpm at 65mph?

The factory setup (tires, gears) for a twin-stick powerpak 63 American puts it
at 2250 rpm for 65mph (year 2007) which I hazard a guess meant 60mph at 2000
might be the olde tyme design cruise spot (it was a long time ago).

My issue is merely tire sizes. There's few left available anything even close
to factory, and the metric equiv. of factory tire sizes are simply
unavailable. 195/70-R15's seem to the the smallest practical size.

It's a dilemma between stock, and the rally/rod look which wants low(er) and
wide(r), but those would throw off the overall ratio, which on this car, with
little power margin, and inability to rev, matters.