Re: [Amc-list] Lookin for a little advice

Re: [Amc-list] Lookin for a little advice

" From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" OK,
" I think I'm getting closer to figuring this out, but I still don't know what
" type of plastic AMC made its plastic dash components from. So here are the
" choices that I can think of,
"
" []
"
" 2. ABS - good chance, was this stuff around in 1970 or earlier? I know PVC
" was (Germans invented PVC during WW2 to replace more stratetic materials
" with.
"
" []
"
" Actually I think all of these are based on the same early copolymers, so I'm
" confused..........

abs is the only copolymer you've listed -
acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene - and it's been around since the '50s.
remember the phone you had back then, when rotary ruled the world and
touch tone was just getting invented?  the phone you could drop on the
floor -many-times- without damaging it?  that's what abs was first
developed for.