[Amc-list] Intentionally manipulated responses

[Amc-list] Intentionally manipulated responses

SNIP
After
all, an SUV is a totally made-up category that merely took advantage of the
taxation and/or CAFE standards of trucks to work people emotionally, it's
not
like it serves a need for hardly anyone. "I feel safer" isn't a need, it's
an
intentionally manipulated response to very clever marketing.
SNIP

You mean something like the following??

Advertisement for the Jordan Playboy Automobile published 1923

The truth is--the Playboy was built for her.

Built for the lass whose face is brown with the sun when the day is done of

revel and romp and race.

She loves the cross of the wild and the tame.

There's a savor of links about that car--of laughter and lilt and light--a
hint of old

loves--and saddle and quirt.  It's a brawny thing--yet a graceful thing for
the

sweep o' the Avenue.

Step into the Playboy when the hour grows dull with things gone dead and

stale.

Then start for the land of real living with the spirit of the lass who
rides, lean and

 rangy, into the red horizon of a Wyoming twilight.

Naw! Can't believe it, I am sure that the number of air bags, or how hard
you

can drive it into a wall makes better advertising.

Zoom Zoom

John