From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Four piston brakes (was American Parts
Depot)
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

" From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Just a thought in this. I was looking at the brakes on the '79
Lincoln
" Towncar my buddy is parting and they were 2 or more pistons
per side (it was
" dark and the fin vented alloy wheels were still on so I
couldn't see the
" other side) It also has Hydroboost (I have the booster and
master off it)
" and the hugest rear drums not on a truck that I have seen!

you haven't seen many '60s boats.  several had 12" drums.  many
weighed as much as a truck; my '67 continental booked 5300
empty.

in my napa book there is no '79 towncar.  marks, versailles, and
connies only.

the '79 connie and mark had 11" drums and the same big bendix
front
calipers amc used '74-8.  also optional was a rear disk setup
with the
same calipers used on the versailles.