[Amc-list] 70 Ambassador - Not a Monte Carlo

[Amc-list] 70 Ambassador - Not a Monte Carlo

I had four used tires (205 75 14 goodyear allegras) that I wanted mounted on my Ambo and I had an interesting visit at the the local Walmart tire shop yesterday.

  The counter clerk told me he was going outside to scan my vin number.  I let him go out and watched him try for 5 minutes to find a VIN number that would work on his scanner. He looked through the windshield, looked on the door, tried opening the hood.  When he came back in he wanted to know what year was the "monte carlo"....  Once he found AMC on his computer we made some progress.  It got interesting when I told him the engine size was a 360.  He wanted to know if that was a 4 liter...  He then wanted to know where the 4 tires were.  I told him they were in the trunk.   He had to go outside and see how I fit 4 tires in the trunk.  Once again I amazed the young man with my answer. He came back in and told me and the other walmart guys that in addition to the 4 tires, there was a spare tire in the trunk, 5 tires amazing.....

  When they finished my car, one of the shop guys came in and asked me if that was my Amabassador, I said yes and expected the worst...

  The shop guy said he had owned an Ambassador exactly like mine (70 SST 2 door) 20 years ago...same color, same bucket seats, same engine.  He was convinced it was the same car, especially since my paint looks so faded and crappy(like it would look 20 years latter without a repaint).  He was disapointed when I told him I got the car out of Arkansas and not Benton Harbor.  It was nice to actually talk to someone at Walmart that actually understood an AMC!!