Re: [Amc-list] Who needs 235/60/14's?

Thanks for discussing it with me Joe,
I would much rather have an American tire or at least a European tire myself
Joe.
Goodyear makes great racing tires but all the street tires I've ever bought
with
the Goodyear name on them have given me problems, The first set of G60-14s
I bought for my Javelin did not wear evenly, it wasn't because of improper
inflation either.
The tires wore off not on the outsides or center of the tire but somewhere
in between.
Another set of tires I bought with the Goodboots name on them turned into
square rocks after
about 20,000 miles and howled and rumbled until we wore them out and bought
some Firestones.
Dunno maybe I just had bad luck with them. On the other hand, I bought a set
of Pirelli G60-14s in
1977 out of a discounter in Phoenix, AZ. Those Pirellis are still on the car
(bias ply) and pushing over 40,000
miles on them, sure they're shot but the Goodyears never lasted that long, I
don't  know why I get disillusioned
about so many US products, do you???
BTW ever ate wild rice?? it's kind of good!!!
ROFL

Armand