Re: [Amc-list] American Parts Depot (Armand Eshleman)

Re: [Amc-list] American Parts Depot (Armand Eshleman)

APD have been great with me - shipping parts to England no problem and
excellent service.  Doug has been great at answering my e-mail
questions.

As for the calipers, mine are shot too.  I spent hours dismantling and
rebuilding them and honed the bores, only to reassemble and find they
are no better.  As soon as I get a decent pressure built up using the
vac bleeding kit I have, fuild just pours out of the bores -
interestingly, it's the lower outer bore on each caliper that's bad.

I was considering whether there might be a better option than
resleeved calipers (not  least because I have to ship the old ones to
the USA and that ain't cheap) - I hear the later single pot setup is
more reliable but I have been told the spindles and other fittings
need changing.  I was wondering if there are any "performance"
calipers (wilwood, brembo, whatever) that would fit in place of the 4
pot bendix ones.