Re: [Amc-list] 70 Donohues

Dan,

I don't think you should "pick at that scab."

Tom can speak for himself, but I think what upsets him
is the continued misstatements by some people about
what is "correct" for a Donohue Javelin.  Tom has the
factory literature and it clearly states what is
correct.  Yes, cars can change after they leave the
factory and some people can mistakenly assume that
their Donohue came with those changes.  Dealers could
have made changes too.  Again, Tom has the factory
literature and knows what the factory said would be
included in the Donohue package.  Anything else would
not be factory correct.

In my case, I do have a Donohue with a mystery.  The
car has the X in the VIN number indicating that it was
a 390 car.  The previous owner claims that he got it
as a young used car and the engine had not been
changed, but it is a 360 engine.  It is not one of
those mythical "heavy wall" 360s either.  Who knows
what happened?  Facory mistake?  I doubt it.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA