[Amc-list] roller lifters

From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] 4.0 roller lifters
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

didnt the later 4.0's come with roller lifters? i am
thinking about tryin to fit some rollers in my 304 i
am building for my 62 classic. i am doing it on a
budget, so using factory parts that are cheaper and
more plentiful is my route. i was SURE that the later
h.o. 4.0's had rollers, but im having a hard time
finding roller lifters AFORDABLE.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

===.===

no - roller lifters are just now being fitted to the
4.0 by some guys on the www.strokers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list.

eBay is the place to find AMC roller lifters - but in
Solid Roller form only - haven't seen any CRANE Hydraulic
Rollers available except thru usual channels.

upside - solid rollers give a better feel to the engine -
downside - you'll be adjusting them every 4 months.

--

    =Bt=
milnersXcoupe