[Amc-list] How do I install a distributor

[Amc-list] How do I install a distributor

you have the timing marks down by the harmonic
balancer on the crankshaft. put it on about the 10*
btdc mark. without the cap on the dist. drop it in
with the tip of the rotor pointing right at #1
cylinder. hook up all wires in firing order, and
crank. if you get no running and a little bit of
backfire (wont hurt the engine), your installed 180*
off. if it does that, then you put it back on the 10*
btdc, pull cap off of dist. note where rotor is
pointing at, pull it out, rotate it 180* and drop it
back in. then once you get it close, then you can
stick on a timing light and get it dialed in exact.

this is the method i always use to install mine. works
for me.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules