[Amc-list] How do I install a distributor

[Amc-list] How do I install a distributor

I am back on line finally, our computer decided to die on us. I just got
back to trying to reassemble my 71 AMC Javelin 304. I read in my manual how
to do it and it refers to the marks I should have made when I took it out. I
didn't make any marks:(.............
I put it back in like the picture in the book, but my wires didn't match up
to the the firing order listed (I marked my wires prior to removal). So,
since I am a rookie and didn't mark where the thing went how do I install it
so I don't blow up my brand new motor?? I beleive I have made every ameture
mistake I can make.

Troy